Dear Vista residents,
On behalf of Executive Committee, we wish all Vista residents Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2015.
We’d like to highlight a few additional things:
1. Pool Audit preparation – Regulations now require all pools to be registered with the
appropriate authorities. There were certain shortcomings evident in the preliminary
investigation of our pool at Club Vista. These have been rectified, and the pool is now ready
for certification. Our Strata Managers will be getting the certification soon.
2. Campbelltown Road Fence Repair: Certain sections of the fence along Campbelltown Road have been requiring repair. The area has been handed over to the Campbelltown Council from Mirvac.. After a great deal of follow up, Mirvac has carried out repairs before handover to Council was completed.
3. Campbelltown Road noise issue: With the increase in traffic, noise from Campbelltown Road has been constantly plaguing Vista residents. Members of EC are trying to liaise with RMS to fortify the fence/erect sound barriers. A petition is underway. The more signatures we have from residents in Vista, that would have a better impact with the agencies.
4. Eleanor Drive stormwater pipe leakage – A stormwater pipe has been consistently leaking
towards the lower end of Eleanor Drive (near the flood basin). The EC has organised
plumbers to investigate the issue. A report has been sent to Mirvac by the Strata Managers.
We are in the process of trying to get this issue resolved.
5. Vista Club BBQ safety and no-smoking signs – Warning sign for the BBQ hot plates has been
installed, to prevent people from accidentally getting
been placed in various locations in the club area.
6. Drying plants near BBQ area – Plants immediately next to the BBQ area slab have been
dying. An investigation revealed that the slab was extending under the plant area, thereby
suffocating them. The area has been landscaped again, with grass replacing the affected
7. Replacement of trees and plants at Vista – During the last few months, we have organised
for some trees in the estate to be replaced (including a missing tree), as well as replacement
of certain plants near the club area. Some of
were replaced again at no cost to Vista!
8. Sprinkler system at Club Vista – The sprinkler system has had ongoing issues for a long time.
This has been inspected and rectified several times. We are once again getting it inspected
for summer. There has also been a nagging problem of insufficient water in the tank due to
a ‘slow fill’ issue. The EC has asked the Strata Manager to pursue the matter with Sydney
Electricity Issue: In previous email/letter to Vista residents, we had brought to attention the exhorbiant electricity bill that was issued to Vista in May/June 2014. The bill amount approximately $28,000 pertained to arrears over the last three years. Apparently, the electricity company had been unable to access the meterbox at Club Vista, and were billing us on an estimated basis only.
The matter was taken up with the Ombudsman for a satisfactory resolution. We are happy to confirm that the decision has been favourably granted to Vista.
Apart from the above matter, the following actions have been taken:
The meter box locks have been changed to allow access to the electricity company for regular readings 9costs reimbursed by Mirvac to Vista)
An energy audit was done by an electrician in the Club area.
Opticomm have been asked to install a sub-meter and manage their electrictity costs.
The bollard lights along Tyne Walk have been repaired so that they are now working in more reliable manner.
If you wish to communicate with the Executive Committee, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Executive Committee